Patient before Surgery Not-To-Do list
• Do not take fluids or eat any food after midnight
• Do not bring valuables (cash, credit card, jewelry, watch, wallet, cell phone, pager, etc.)
• Please do not wear make-up, nail polish or pins in your hair
Patient before Surgery To-Do list
• You should be in the hospital at 2 hours before surgery time
• You must be in the hospital. If you are late your surgery will have to be postponed untila later time.
• Notify the surgeon of any change in your physical condition, i.e. colds, infection, etc.
• Bring a list of any medications you are taking, along with the dosage and number of times a day it is to be taken.
• Please bring in your own comb, brush, tooth paste and toothbrush
After your operation:
• If a condition arises during your surgery and the operating doctor feels that admission to the hospital is best for your recovery, then he/she shall admit you as an inpatient following your surgery.
• If you are discharged on the day of surgery:
- Arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you home
- Do not take public conveyance without the presence of another adult
- Do not ingest alcoholic beverages or take medication not specifically prescribed for at least 24 hours.
- Do not drive a care or operate machinery for 24 hours.
- Important decision making should be delayed for at least 24 hours.