Find an OB/GYN
The Maternity Center
Garfield Medical Center's Maternity Center features a caring and comfortable atmosphere and
state-of-the art equipment. Experienced physicians and nurses provide
comprehensive, expert care. Our staff offers an individual approach to
The Maternity Center is:
- Labor, Delivery, and Recovery in one room or separate units
- Two dedicated C-section ORs
- OB Anesthesiologists and neonatologists on side 24 hrs/day
- Full-service nursery
- Level II 20-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- All digital fetal monitoring system
- Computerized medicine dispensing system
- Digital imaging and electronic charting
- Neonatal transport team
- private postpartum rooms available upon request and based on availability
- Free Wi-Fi services
- Doctors and nurses who speak your language
- Easy access off Garfield Avenue
- Assistance with insurance applications
- Discount cash pricing for patients without insurance
- Simple and easy pre-admission procedures
- Free car seat for newborn safety
- Multilingual prenatal and childbirth classes
Families receive a free car seat and 6 packages of diapers at discharge!
Please check our
Events Calendar to learn about our open houses and classes.
Breastfeeding & Couplet Care Program
Breastfeeding significantly reduces children's risk for acute infections
and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Breastfeeding also decreases
chronic infant diseases such as diabetes, asthma, and obesity.
Breastfed children have fewer visits to the doctor's office, decreased
days of hospitalization and take fewer medications than children who are
formula fed. Hospital support practices allow mothers to become more confident
and successful in their breastfeeding.
The hospital will minimize maternal-infant separation in accordance with
the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines. Mom and baby are cared
for together, with one nurse caring for the "couplet." Baby
stays with mom in the room, even during the night.
Social workers are on-site daily for families with special needs. Families
receive referrals for whatever type of services are required— monitors,
special formulas, all medical follow-up, etc. We can also refer to CA
Children Services, grief counseling, and assistance for teen pregnancies.