Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Garfield Medical Center has a Level II, CSS-approved community Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Physicians, nurses, and respiratory care are
available 24-hours a day. The NICU is able to support premature birth,
infants with respiratory issues, or infants who need a higher level of care.
The goals of the NICU are:
- high-quality patient care with an aim to maximize the outcome of our neonates
- increase parent information and education
- safe and secure environment for neonates
The NICU offers:
- 24-hour board certified neonatologists
- family-Centered care that allows for open visitation for parents and siblings
- lactation Consultants and breastfeeding advocates
- 24-hour social worker specializing in families with special needs
- occupational therapists who specialize in developmental interventions for
- state certified skilled respiratory care practitioner specialists
- program to integrate family for smooth transition to home care
To learn more about the NICU, please call 626.307.2036 or use our
NICU Transport Services
Garfield Medical Center supports the needs of local Level I nurseries in
the San Gabriel Valley and neighboring communities.
We provide quick-response, 24-hour transport services by a critical care
ambulance specifically modified for transporting isolettes.
For transport service questions, contact the NICU at 626.307.2036 or use our